May 9, 2016
Atlantic Provinces Contribute $250,000 for Alberta Wildfire Relief
The four Atlantic Provinces, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island are providing $250,000 to the Canadian Red Cross to support relief efforts in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
“Our thoughts are with all those impacted by the wildfire which continues to burn in Alberta. As we hear the countless stories coming from these individuals, including thousands of Newfoundlanders and Labradorians, our government remains committed to providing support during this difficult time. I also thank the many Newfoundlanders and Labradorians who are generously donating to this important cause.”
– The Honourable Dwight Ball, Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador
“Nova Scotians, like all Canadians, want to reach out and support the people of Fort McMurray during this terrible tragedy. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers in the days and weeks ahead as you deal with this disaster and work to rebuild your community, which has close ties with so many Nova Scotians.”
– The Honourable Stephen McNeil, Premier of Nova Scotia
“New Brunswickers open their hearts to all of those affected by the terrible events transpiring in Fort McMurray. We are also collectively there to support New Brunswickers and their families that have been living in Alberta.”
– The Honourable Brian Gallant, Premier of New Brunswick
“Prince Edward Islanders and residents of Fort McMurray are members of a common community; we are all personally affected by this catastrophe. We continue to hold our extended family in our thoughts and offer assistance during these unfolding events and the subsequent recovery. Although these events are taking place in Alberta, the effects are being felt throughout Atlantic Canada.”
– The Honourable Wade MacLauchlan, Premier of Prince Edward Island
Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick will each contribute $75,000 with Prince Edward Island contributing $25,000.
Anyone wishing to make a donation can do so by calling 1-800-418-1111 or by visiting: https://donate.redcross.ca/ea- action/action?_ga=1.67077990.952089336.1462730314&ea.client.id=1951&ea.campaign.id=50 639
- The four Atlantic Provinces are providing $250,000 to the Canadian Red Cross to support relief efforts in Fort McMurray,
- Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick will each contribute $75,000 with Prince Edward Island contributing $25,000.
- Anyone wishing to make a donation can do so by calling 1-800-418-1111 or by visiting: https://donate.redcross.ca/ea- action/action?_ga=1.67077990.952089336.1462730314&ea.client.id=1951&ea.campaign.id
Director of Communications
Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
Executive Council Office
Government of New Brunswick
Government of Nova Scotia
Government of Prince Edward Island